Wednesday, January 6, 2016

New Math Stations

Over break, I took time to plan and prepare for a new style of math stations.  I hope this time provides your first grader with the opportunity to learn and grow in the area of math in a more self-paced, fun way.  We have three main math tasks.  One task will be working on the Envisions workmat and doing some math journaling.  Another task is game based.  I've found many games that deal with the different skills we need more work on.  This task allows for a great deal choice.  Students pick a game that interests them or a skill they know they need more work on.  This task will also involve a fact fluency time.  Students will build their ability to quickly recall math facts through this activity.  This is a very important skill as we move forward with adding and subtracting numbers through twenty.  The last task is tech.  During this station, students will work on Sumdog or different math apps centered around the skills we are working on.  

Be sure to ask your student about our new math station rotations!







No comments:

Post a Comment