Saturday, January 16, 2016

"I can..." Statements for the Week of January 19th

Reminders:

17th - Gale Family Benefit Breakfast @ the Turner Hall, 8:00am-12:00pm
18th - NO SCHOOL - PK-12 Professional Learning


FAST assessments will be held for students this week.  I will be in touch with another graph so you can see how your child performed.  I will use the same number as I did on the last graph.  If you know longer know that number, please email me after the graph has been posted.  

Check out our most recent math goal.  We're moving on to adding and subtracting numbers up to 12.  This will include working with doubles and near doubles.  You've probably noticed the green sheets in your child's take-home folder. We've been working on fact fluency as a class.  Hopefully, this helps students develop a more concrete knowledge base for basic facts.  



"I can..." 
  • read and write words with ea and ee such as meat and speed
  • analyze characters
  • retell story elements
  • use a higher or lower volume to reflect what the author or characters are saying
  • fluently add doubles
  • use the near doubles strategy
  • add with 5
  • adding to make 10
  • subtracting with 0, 1, and 2
  • identify text that is in the biography genre
  • research to write an informational report


No comments:

Post a Comment