Maker Challenge! Wind Vane
We've been studying air and weather. Today, we were able to take what we are learning about air and wind and MAKE a tool to study the wind further.
Students started by drawing out their design. I gave them all of the supplies necssary and they put their brains to work. Next, students used the supplies and their design to attempt to build a wind vane. There were a few times I wanted to step in and say, "Try this..." but I knew I couldn't! About half way through the making stage, students paused and walked around to examine other designs happening throughout the room. When they went back to work, some started anew. Then, we tested our wind vanes. Unfortunately, it wasn't too windy today, but most students saw some movement with their wind vane. Finally, students went to work reflecting on the challenges and successes for their process. Did your wind vane work? What was the biggest challenge? What was the biggest success?
Check out the pictures below from this activity!
We're working with 1H and staff at the GWAEA to create a video using a green screen to share different things we're learning about weather. We starting working in our science research teams today!
No comments:
Post a Comment