Monday, October 26, 2015

"I can..." Statements for the Week of October 26th - Dates to Remember


  • Red Ribbon Week!  Check out this blog post for info on dress up days.
  • Wednesday 28th - 1:00 Dismiss - PK-12 Professional Learning
  • Friday 30th - Fall Party - Costumes may be brought for parade at the Keystone Care Center
  • Saturday 31st - Sock Delivery - We will meet at Keystone Elementary at 8:00am, load the socks, and head into the Olivet Neighborhood Mission in Cedar Rapids.  Last year, we had a trail of cars.  The students carried the socks into the mission.  This is short and sweet but eyes were opened as those in need were there to collect immediately.  Please let me know if you have any questions!
  • #Socktober - This is our last week to collect!  We will count on Friday.  Keep the socks coming!


Here are our "I can..." statements for this week.  It's going to be a busy one!

I can read and write words with a long a and silent e like cake, rate, and shape.

I can identify the medial sound in words. (ex: rAnpEt)

I can visualize a story.

I can analyze story characters. 

I can infer during and after reading.

I can write a journal entry including three or more details.

I can split shape into halves and quarters.

I can identify equal parts and unequal parts of shapes.

I can tell time to the hour and half hour.

I can observe and analyze characters of balls.

I can tell about energy in a ball after rolling down a ramp.  

No comments:

Post a Comment