Monday, March 2, 2015

"I can..." Statements Video - Week of March 2nd/Read Across America

It's Read Across America Week and we'll be celebrating with skills are week long.  Today we read Horton Hears a Who and One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.  


Read Across America Poem:

You're never too old, too wacky, too wild,
To pick up a book and read with a child.
You're never too busy, too cool, or too hot,
To pick up a book and share what you've got.
In schools and communities,
Let's gather around,
Let's pick up a book,
Let's pass it around.
There are kids all around you,
Kids who will need
Someone to hug,
Someone to read.
Come join us March 3rd
Your own special way
And make this America's
Read to Kids Day.
©Anita Merina


Here are our I can statements for this week!

I can make predictions and inferences based on the pictures and text.

I can read and write words with or.

I can identify and produce words that rhyme.

I can subtract numbers up to 20.

I can write an informational report with a title, topic sentence, facts, and pictures.

This week we are celebrating Read Across America and Dr. Seuss’s birthday.  Watch our blog for pictures of activities that we do and things we create!  

Next week is Breakfast Buddies!  Please return the form so my teacher knows who is coming.  

No comments:

Post a Comment