Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Your Children Made Their Teacher Cry...





I showed the latest Kid President video to my class today.  At the end of the video, Kid President asks students to respond to #thekidsneedtoknow, so that is exactly what we did.  

Be nice #thekidsneedtoknow
If you want to be treated nice, treat people the way you want to be treated #thekidsneedtoknow
Be nice #thekidsneedtoknow
Be nice #thekidsneedtoknow
Kids need to be nice #thekidsneedtoknow
Live good #thekidsneedtoknow
The ABCs, math and science #thekidsneedtoknow
Math #thekidsneedtoknow
Be nice and do math #thekidsneedtoknow
Kids need to know to be nice #thekidsneedtoknow
Math, numbers #thekidsneedtoknow
Kids need to know how to be nice #thekidsneedtoknow
How to ride a bike, listen, remember #thekidsneedtoknow
They need to know see and writing and math and read #thekidsneedtoknow
Be nice to the books #thekidsneedtoknow
Spell name, math, write #thekidsneedtoknow

These responses tell me a few things:

1.)  We've been doing a lot of writing and math facts (AND they know it's important)!
2.)  We've been stuck inside for too long and have had to have a few friendship chats. (Looking forward to tomorrow's "heat wave"...)
3.)  Amazing things happen every day.  

Sometimes I wonder if I'm showing these videos for the students or myself.  When the students' conversations turned to how everyone is entitled to a mistake or bad day, but we all need to forgive and treat others like it's their birthday, I teared up... and I think they noticed.  

Thanks for sharing your children with me.  They are creatures made from love, to be love, to spread love.  

I'm really glad they're here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment