It has been a FABULOUS FRIDAY! 1U had a day of goal setting discussions. There was sub in the classroom (and it's been going great, I hear) and I am at the other end of the building meeting with students one-on-one. In our meeting, you student and I are discussing the progress they've made throughout first grade and graphing it. They've done a fabulous job describing how hard they've been working at school and at home to come so far already in first grade. We're also creating goals based on where we need to be by the end of first grade and where we are now. Then, the first graders described what they need to do in order to reach their end of the year goal. Want to know what most of them said? READ! And they were all EXACTLY right!
We also discussed what they are "rocking" in first grade and what they could do better. We talked about how there is always room for improvement. (Even for their teacher!) The students were excited to tell me what they love about first grade and now one had any ideas of what they'd like to see be changed in first grade. They didn't share their changes with me at least. ;)
Once again, thank you for sharing your wonderful, bright, loving children with me every day. I can't tell you how blessed they make me feel. I am so grateful the school district has prioritized days like today for students and teachers to really discuss all of the great things your children are doing. This is just another example of how Benton Community puts our children first.
Please ask your child how his or her goal setting meeting went today. Let me know if you have any questions. We will review all of the information from these meetings at spring conferences.
No comments:
Post a Comment