I hope this finds you safe and warm on this snowy Monday. I woke up and couldn't help but think about how glad I was that this winter weather is with us this Monday instead of next!
Take a look at the graph of our class fluency scores below. The BLUE bar indicates how many words your child read correctly in one minute in November. The RED bar indicates how many words your child read correctly in one minute in December. The January goal is 48 words correct in one minute. I have added a green bar to show where this number would be on this graph. Please be sure your child is reading aloud to you this week to ensure he or she is able to do so at our next benchmark assessment.
Want to check out the progress your child made from November to December? Please email me to find out what your child's number is. I will be updating this graph each month to show your child's progress. I will also be using this graph with students to create some class goals around fluency.

No comments:
Post a Comment