I can...
read and write words withth andwh like with and whaleanalyze and summarize story elements (characters, setting, problem, solution)read and reread for fluencyread with expression by changing my pitch and stressing wordssubtract numbers up to 10write a personal narrativeidentify and use verbs in my writingidentify and use adjectives in my writingidentify and use adjectives in my writing
Important Reminders:
Early Dismiss:
Wednesday, December 16th - 1:00 dismiss - PK-12 Professional Development
Parent Resource Night:
Please plan on joining us at Keystone Elementary on Wednesday evening for Parent Resource Night. This event will be different than Parent Partnership NIght as it is set up as a make-and-take resource event. Mrs. Happel and I have come up with some fun games and activities to keep your child learning over the holiday break and beyond. We'll also be available to answer any questions you may have about how to help your child at home or ELI. The event begins at 6:30pm.
Book Exchange:
Please send a book with your child prior to our exchange. (Tuesday, December 22nd) The book should be wrapped with your child's name so we know who to thank.
Holiday Party:
Our holiday party will be on Tuesday, December 22nd. If you are asked to provide snacks, your child will be bringing home a note tomorrow. Please let me know if this doesn't work for you.
Winter Gear:
I hope it stops raining soon because we have a messy, messy playground! Please be sure to send boots with your child so they can play on the grass without ruining their shoes or tracking in mud. Snow will come to us soon enough. If you have an extra pair of gloves or an extra hat to keep in your child's locker, that would be helpful.
Book Order:
Many of you ordered from our Scholastic book order. THANK YOU! Our classroom is racking up points to earn free books. I will be in contact with those of you who said the order contained gifts to arrange pick-up/delivery.
I am so, so excited to get back to school in the morning and see your child's bright and smiling face! I was fortunate enough to get to see all of them via Facetime on Friday with the help of Mrs. Fisher. I hope your child shared "seeing" the Statue of Liberty with you!

No comments:
Post a Comment