Monday, November 2, 2015

"I can..." Statements - Week of November 2nd

Below are our "I can..." statements for this week.

We're going to start learning how to tell time today!  Please be practicing this life skill at home with your child.  We'll learn how to tell time on analog and digital clocks.  Please try to point out both types of clocks to your child at home. 

We're going to learn more about important symbols from American history.  We'll spend a little bit of extra time on the Statue of Liberty.  I'll be going there next month and will FaceTime students from Ellis Island.  This will help them make connections when we have the opportunity.  

Please continue to read at home.  New take-home books will be arriving at Keystone Elementary soon!  

I can visualize a story and characters.
I can analyze a character.
I can analyze story elements.
I can retell story elements.
I can read fluently.
I can read and write words with a long O and a silent e.
I can find and change the middle sound in a word.
I can tell time to the hour.
I can tell time to the half hour.
I can identify the American flag, Statue of Liberty, and Liberty Bell and tell what they stand for.  

Everyone still LOVES this Electric Company video.  :)  This helps us understand the idea of a silent e with different vowels.


No comments:

Post a Comment