Some of the cheerleaders, football players and coaches came to our building and talked to our students about sportsmanship. The little ones really do admire those big "kids" and the message that they deliver. Homecoming Week is a great time to discuss sportsmanship and what characteristics make a good sport. In order to make this message clear as glass, I read Howard B. Wigglebottom Learns About Sportsmanship: Winning Isn't Everything today. Then, we discussed how we are a good sport and made a book of our own. Click on the link below to view our story. I strongly recommend the Howard B. Wigglebottom series to anyone looking for a good book with a strong moral lesson. Children love Howard B. Wigglebottom, too! Below, you'll find a link to resources and more information about this series. All of the books are available to listen to as well!
Superhero Day!
Villain Day!
Check back tomorrow to see pictures of an extra fun Homecoming activity! I can hardly wait to see what kind of "animals" fill our classroom tomorrow! Go Bobcats! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment