I'm guessing most of my students couldn't wait to give you your Mother's Day gift. They all worked so hard on their pillows. When I decided to add sewing to our list of maker challenges, I thought I had officially lost my mind. Sewing with 20 6-year-olds?!?! Say that out loud. It sounds crazy. I called in reinforcements. My grandparents returned from wintering in the sunshine state and my grandma came in the next day to sew with us. Mrs. Andresen and Mrs. Anderson also rolled up their sleeves to help. It went GREAT! From creating the design to threading the needle, your child did it all! In the beginning, we heard a lot of "This is hard!" and "I can't do this!" By the end, students were asking to create another! At the end of the day, we were able to talk about working hard on this project just like moms work hard for us every day. Thanks for being great moms to work with! I hope you all enjoy your day. Take a minute to watch this tear jerker from Kid President. I know all of your children want you to hear this message. You are loved!
No comments:
Post a Comment