Sunday, March 20, 2016

"I can..." Statements for the Week of March 21st

I hope your first grader had a happy, refreshing spring break.  It is hard to believe that we are finished with spring conferences.  April and May always seem to fly by.  Soon we'll be scheduling an end-of-year conference for your family.  Our class had 100% conference attendance at both fall and spring conferences!  That is a BIG deal!  Thank you for being willing to meet with me.   

We have a busy week ahead.  A few reminders and other important learning info is coming your way.

***I will NOT be making an April snack calendar.  We have quite a few extras that I'm going to try to use up.  Feel free to bring snacks if your child has an April birthday.  We will still celebrate.  May is the month of summer birthday celebrations in 1U.  I will contact you about this if your child has an April, May, or summer birthday.  

We have approximately 10 weeks of school left.  I will be starting a type of spiral review of math skills with your child.  If they don't get their work finished at school, they'll be asked to complete it at home and return it.  This review will guide our snack conversations.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  

We will be starting our study of weather.  Students will learn about wind, clouds, the water cycle, and other types of weather.  We will be studying the weather and will get a visit from Justin Gertz from KCRG.  

I can...

  • read and write words with oo like spoon and cool
  • identify and change the medial sound in words to create another word
  • read and write contractions
  • identify and write exclamatory sentences
  • compare and contrast while reading
  • identify the important information in text
  • identify nonfiction text features
  • read and write numbers up to 120
  • identify and recite number patterns
  • count by 2s, 5s, and 10s

No comments:

Post a Comment