I hope this note finds you all well after a week of celebrating! I know it's been a relaxing, refreshing, yet busy week for me! I am oh so excited to get back to school on Thursday and catch up with your great kiddos.
We're going to kick off 2014 with a study of penguins and polar bears. This is one of my FAVORITE research projects as the students are always so interested in the discoveries they make about the individual creatures. At the end of the unit, we'll celebrate our new learning by holding some sort of presentation day. I'll send home more information about this as the time draws near.
I have so much to share with the students about what I've learned over our holiday break about these marvelous animals! Carson and I were able to spend the night at Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium. We slept in the shark tunnel, participated in a number of other activities, had private zoo access, met with keepers, and got a behind the scenes tour of their state-of-the-art aquarium. In case you're interested, there is a link below that will provide you information about the family campouts at the zoo. Carson and I will be participating the PENGUIN themed campout at the end of February. We'd love it if some of our Iowa friends could join us! If you'd like more information about this AMAZING experience, let me know!


No comments:
Post a Comment