We have finished our formal math topic centered around measurement. Prior to starting, we set a class goal to have 100% of students to "MEET" the measurement standard of being able to measure with nonstandard units. I'm happy to report that we are VERY close to making this goal! We discuss the results of our math assessment today and graphed our growth. Check out the before and after pictures below. We also had a great conversation about what to do with the one student who is progressing towards meeting the standard. Without talking about who, we discussed that it is likely he or she made growth. I was super impressed when a student said that we need to help that person measure. That's what we're going for! They care about each other and ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to understand.
Our Goal
Pretest Results
Post-test Results
We moved forward by setting a data goal for our class. When I asked the group about a graph, they didn't have a clue as to what "graph" meant. After I explained to them we have done a few in our class already this year, it started to soak in. Check out our new class goal around data. I will be posting a graph of our class pretest results soon. I apologize that my phone cut off the goal of "100% of 1U will meet the measurement standard."
Conversations about the words "more" and "fewer" is a way you can help from home. This is an important component of this topic.
No comments:
Post a Comment