- 1:00 Dismiss
- Holiday Party
- Students may wear pajamas (Keep in mind that they may be going outside. No slippers or stuffed animals, please.)
- Book exchange (Please send 1 WRAPPED book priced between $0-5.)
- Book check out (Have your child bring his or her books back so new ones can be checked out before break!)
PLEASE make sure your child is reading and writing over the break. When students get back to school, we will be administering the FAST assessment. Students will be assessed in fluency, sight words, nonsense words, and word sounds. Please have your child read his or her take-home books and write at least 3 journal entries. I can't wait to read them and hear about their time off!
I don't like to send very much "Holiday Homework" because I feel as though this time should be spent celebrating with family. The memories your children make during the holiday season stay with them forever. This year, I had students come to me individually and choose a book. I will be sending the book that your child chose and one sheet that your child needs to complete about the book. Please send these back to school with your first grader on Monday, January 5th. We will doing a book talk activity with their work.
I have also included the link to the BC Elementary Christmas Symbaloo. There are both educational and other fun holiday activities on this page.
Click HERE to a link that helps students with math facts. We are working on memorizing as many facts as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment