Monday, January 26, 2015

"I can..." Statements for the Week of January 26th - Book Baggies



Here are our I can statements for this week:


I can summarize what I read.  This means I can tell you all about stories that I read.


I can monitor my reading and fix it up when I need to.  I can use the fix-up strategy to make sure I’m reading the words correctly and understanding what I’m reading.


I can read and spell words with a long E sound made with an EE or EA.


I can add and subtract numbers up to 20.  I can use doubles strategies and counting on to find the whole or missing part.


I can write a personal narrative.  I can include characters, setting, a problem and a solution.  I can use the steps in the writing process to make my writing better!


We will keep learning about weather as well.  


Looking ahead, we will be studying polar animals, presidents, and dental health throughout February.  Be sure to watch for information on joining us at school for a day of student presentations!  

Book Baggie: Please make sure your first grader is reading at home. It is CRITICAL for reading development at this point in the year and in your child's life.

It is so, so, so important that students get plenty of time to read throughout the day. Sometimes, extra time is hard to come by at school. Our days are very full. Here is a look at what Read to Self looks like in 1U.





No comments:

Post a Comment