Monday, August 18, 2014

Fabulous First Day of 1st Grade

We had a fabulous first day of 1st grade!  After today, I am even more excited to get the year rolling and get to know your first grader better!  With the two hour delay, I had to cut out a lot of what I had planned, but boy the day flew by.  

WATER BOTTLES may be brought to school.  Please send a water bottle that is able to be refilled.  NO disposable water bottles.  The water bottles will stay at school throughout the week and will be sent home on Fridays to be washed.  Dehydration affects concentration, attention, and processing.  The water bottles help keep brains hydrated and the drinking fountain line short!  

On a side note, please read this blog with a conversational tone.  I don't stress over grammar and punctuation. (As you could tell if you looked through old posts.)  I think the time I would spend proof reading is better spent planning awesome learning experiences for your child.  

Make sure you check the back of the picture your student brings home tonight...!  What did your first grader like most about the first day of school?

Below are a few pictures from our day.  These kids LOVED the "Shine On" notes you wrote.  Feel free to send encouraging notes as often as you'd like.  Students love getting "mail" at school!

























No comments:

Post a Comment